Message from Dad: We have recently become a family of 4, and are adjusting to life with 2 kiddos. I am a video editor, and do commercials and brand videos. My wife is a voiceover artist, and works from our home studio. We share an office upstairs. Our eldest child is our wild, beautiful, tiny comedian, who keeps everyone on their toes. She also has a ton of wiggles, we've spent the last 2 months converting our garage into a climbing wall for her to play on (haven't been to a playground since COVID hit). Having a baby in COVID has been challenging as we're used to having a nanny (ours moved to the East Coast when it hit) but luckily we have 2 happy and healthy kiddos. Our son is known for his big smiles and big drools. We're excited to find a fit for our family, and hope we can create a wonderful environment for whoever joins us.
About the Children: (The nanny would only have the baby the oldest is in school)
Our oldest child is almost 4 years old. She is fierce, hilarious, athletic, and the life of any party. She is very very advanced verbally for her age, loves climbing the rock wall in the garage, jumping, reading, sports, and Trolls. She is in school full time so won't need childcare, but is sure to make the end of the day memorable. She loves her little brother and takes great care of him.
Our youngest child is almost 6 months old. He had colic as a newborn but has since turned into a happy baby! He is primarily breastfed but is trying new foods every day. He does all of his naps in the crib and sleeps through the night. He loves his sister, walks, and piano music.
Their Ideal Nanny:
We absolutely loved our last nanny and were so sad to see her go. She was very engaged with our daughter, (something that can be hard to do when trying to work at the same time for us) and always had fun educational activities planned. We don't have a specific type of person in mind, we are easy-going and want anyone in our home to feel welcome and relaxed. Our son is a happy and social baby, so someone that can really enjoy his company would be ideal for everyone!
Additional Job Details: The only thing I can think to mention is we both work from home. We will be upstairs and out of the way, but want the applicant to be aware of that. We don't have any allergies. We like good coffee and bubble water, and our house is always stocked! We have a playroom, backyard, and are walking distance to the zoo, museums, and botanic gardens and have memberships to all which can be a fun way to get some fresh air. We do have a parking spot as well.
Start Date: ASAP
Expected Job Duration: At least a couple of years
- We both canceled our gym memberships, and only see people outside 6 feet or more apart.
- We always wear masks in public.
- We don't ride in cars with anyone but our immediate family (the 4 of us.)
- We don't eat in restaurants.
- We don't go into stores unless for groceries.
- We do see friends outdoors, we do eat at restaurants outdoors, our daughter goes to preschool (with a mask and distancing) and we do see our 2 moms (who have agreed to all the same precautions as us) without masks.
- We want our nanny to know that our main focus is 'intent'. Do they believe the virus is real, and do they make reasonable attempts to limit their exposure? If we agree that we're all doing our best and making good choices, that's all we want. There's no such thing as zero risk, and we don't expect that. We will be careful for their sake and want it to go both ways.
Cooking for children
Schedule: Mon, Wed, Fri 8am to 4pm
Compensation: $18 to $25 per hour DOE
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays