|Role & Brief Job Description
|The position requires liaising with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef on all operational needs for the Catering department and ensuring that all Service, Food preparation and production is carried out to the highest standard for the guest total satisfaction.
- Food preparation and servicing with an emphasis on quality, freshness and timing.
- Monitor the catering cleaning procedures and hygiene practices, according to HACCP requirements.
- Checking of daily food requisitions and maintaining stock level control to prevent wastage.
- Ensure all necessary mise-en-place is ready prior to service.
- Able to produce a wide range of food styles at any given location (e.g., buffet, plated)
- Always maintain good personal hygiene.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment are well maintained, regularly checked and to report any problems to the department supervisor.
- Report for duty on time and in the correct uniform.
- Developing your skills in Pastry cooking and training of other staff by leading them and always maintain a positive attitude.
- Work when and were required within all areas of the catering department.
- Menu writing and preparation, wherever possible with an emphasis on fresh local seasonal produce.
- Capable of handling all catering matters during the absence of senior chefs, possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and spoken English.