HOUSE MANAGER / BUTLER / COOK
Essential Requirements: Previous private house experience, strong attention to detail, hands-on, flexible, driver.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on House Manager to join a small and friendly team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the house along with housekeeping duties, house administration and managing a small team of staff.
The successful applicant will come from a house management or housekeeping background and will be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and excellent attention to detail. In addition, you must be computer literate (Excel, Outlook, Word) and competent with technology, including telephone and security alarm systems.
Duties will include:
- To be responsible for the security of the house and to ensure a member of staff is on duty in the house 24/7.
- To oversee the operation and arrange routine maintenance of the alarm system and ensure it is set as required.
- To oversee and arrange routine maintenance of the fire protection system.
- To oversee and monitor usage of the phone system.
- To deal with house administration, via phone, email and letter.
- Creating manuals for the staff and household to refer to.
- Arrange the house staff rota to ensure there is cover at all times.
- To keep an accurate record of petty cash expenditure and add to the monthly accounting spreadsheet.
- Ensuring that all areas of the house are clean. Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Making sure that all general medicines/First Aid kits are kept stocked and within their ‘use by’ dates.
- Checking all cleaning supplies are kept stocked, maintaining a stock list and advising if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the General Manager/Houseman
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Laundering of clothes and bed linen.
- Dealing with any contractors, workmen or visitors as required.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Work weekends and occasional Bank Holidays as required (Inc. Christmas).
- Overseeing any temporary housekeeping staff.
- Cooking family meals to a good standard.
- Laying the table, service at dinner parties as requested, service of meals/snacks/refreshments as requested.
Full time position working 5 days per week including weekends, 2 days off midweek. Flexibility essential. Normal working hours 8am – 5pm with flexibility. Two-bedroom flat in the estate provided, private healthcare and a negotiable salary based on experience. Driver essential. (HU2053)
Contract: Full Time
Job Ref: HU2053
Job Categories: Butler Jobs, Cook Jobs, Household Manager Jobs