PRIVATE CHEF / HOUSEKEEPER
Essential Requirements: Previous private house experience, menu planning, sourcing, knowledge of formal dining and silver service beneficial, organised, flexible.
An exciting role for an experienced private chef to cater for the Directors and Staff of a privately owned investment company. You will have autonomy to create and present dishes bringing your own flair and personality to the role.
Examples of your duties include cooking lunches for the Directors and staff, baking cakes for special birthdays and anniversaries and catering for the staff children’s Christmas party. You will also be responsible for sourcing, preparing and clearing, with some assistance for large meals from the rest the Operations team.
Your regular duties will include:
- Cooking for the Directors twice a week (2 to 5 people), including a main course and dessert – usually a fruit platter.
- Cooking buffet style staff lunches for c. 30 people, usually 3 times per week, although this can change depending on other business requirements.
- Cooking formal guest lunches on any given day, which may take place once or twice a week.
- Preparing food for the quarterly board meetings, which is typically a buffet style (c. 15 people).
- Preparing the all-staff buffet lunch (45 people) on the last Friday of the month
- Preparing special meals to meet particular dietary requirements.
- Preparing daily fruit platters for staff that are placed in the communal areas.
- Maintaining the dining areas and equipment, including polishing silver, organising cutlery, napkins and tableware.
- You will also be responsible for sourcing and ordering food, managing your own accounts and budget.
- Ability and experience of planning, sourcing and cooking inspiring, restaurant quality and heathy dishes (no butter, cream or fried foods)
- Demonstrate an ability to combine healthy cooking with diversity of menus to include Mediterranean, Asian, Fusion and British
- Knowledge of formal dining/“silver service” an advantage.
- Experience working within a large, private household environment helpful.
- Absolute personal and commercial integrity with the highest professional standards
- Flexibility and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- Ability to work with all members of the business, including senior Directors, junior colleagues and the founding family.
This is a highly recommended position with delightful clients offering very regular hours; Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Negotiable salary based on experience, circa £50k. Employer pension contribution of 10%, subject to you contributing 4%, Health insurance, cycle to work scheme, 25 days holiday per year, plus an additional 3 days paid holiday due to the office Christmas closure, onsite gym. May start. Longevity in previous positions essential. (HU4019)
Contract: Full Time
Accommodation: N / A
Salary: circa £50k
Job Ref: HU4019
Job Categories: Chef Jobs, Housekeeper Jobs