- Location: Goring on Thames, Reading
- Salary: pa, gross, £35,000 - £45,000
- Job Pay Interval: Monthly
- Children: 5 year old and 3 year old boys
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Working Days: Monday to Friday – 9am to 3pm/5pm
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contractual Notice Period: 1 month
- Nature of Business: Private Household
- Statement: A superb live in housekeeper role with separate accommodation offered with a beautiful terrace area – ASAP start! 30 to 40 hours per week!
A superb live in housekeeper cook role with separate accommodation offered with a beautiful terrace area – ASAP start! 30 to 40 hours per week!
A live in Housekeeper position in Oxfordshire has newly become available with Eden. The family have two children under the age of 7, who have a full time, Nanny. The family home is a period property that has been newly renovated within recent years. The family do not have any pets. The family are offering a great two-bedroom accommodation that has a semiprivate entrance and a private terrace. Mum is looking for someone who can cook family meals and prepare weekend dinners, set table when needed, vacuum 2 cars occasionally and housekeeping duties. Cooking is most essential of these things. The role will be a min of 30 hours per week with some weeks being 40 hours.
Accommodation: Separate accommodation
- Taking care of the household. All cleaning duties to include bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas, as well as unused rooms on a regular basis. Mopping floors, sweeping porches and cleaning skirting boards. Freshening rooms. Organising cupboards etc.
- Tidy away breakfast once the children have left for school
- Laundry, ironing and changing bedsheets
- Occasional bake goods for the family if the candidate would like
- Food shopping and running errands.
- Administration – dealing with household maintenance issues and following up on any problems. Responsibility for scheduling maintenance appointments for services including boilers, heaters, gutters, alarms etc.
- Liaise with contractors when applicable e.g., gardeners and window cleaners
- DBS at offer stage
- High detail orientation, pro active with the ability to undertake without supervision
- Verified references
- Confident cooking
DBS check required at offer stage & and a current First Aid Certificate