A friendly family of five are looking for a full-time live-in housekeeper to join their welcoming team. This is a live-in role. You should have a full UK driving licence due to the location of the property.
• £36,000 - £45,000 gross per annum depending on experience
• A 2-bedroom cottage with an enclosed garden will be provided for you to live in.
The family live near Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17. The house has 10 bedrooms, a guest wing, and a gym, and is set over three floors. They employ a team of staff, including nannies who look after the three young children. The family have two lovely pet dogs so you should be happy to be around dogs for this role. Many of the current staff have been on site for many years so you should be comfortable joining a well-established and friendly team.
You will be responsible for the overall presentation of the family home to ensure a welcoming, organised, clean and tidy environment. You should be comfortable working in a home with children and dogs plus assisting with dog walking and if required, supporting the nanny.
Duties to include but are not limited to –
• Tidy and clean daily to include vacuuming/mopping floors
• Check pantry & fridge for essential items
• Maintain dishwashers (filters/limescale treatment)
• Organise Aga service
• Food prep plus cooking / baking will be required
• Clean as required and re-stock toiletries; wash towels
• Change bed linen as required; wash, dry & iron linen
• Wash & iron clothes with a good standard of ironing required
• Online / other shopping errands as required
• Flower arranging – pick flowers from garden seasonally or arrange shop bought / gifted as required
• Wardrobe maintenance; to include replacing moth products every 3 months.
• Check lightbulbs regularly and change as required
• Check all smoke alarms and change batteries as required
• Bleed radiators / towel rails; descale shower heads / taps as required
• Treat drains / plug holes for blockage prevention as required
• Maintain a clean and tidy laundry room
• Clean windows as required between service cleans
• Copper & silver cleaning as required
• Liaise with contractors via estate office
• Arrange chimney sweeping; restock fire wood, matches, firelighters etc. as required
• Sweep 3 x entrances; wash paintwork, wipe down garden furniture
The family home is near Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 in a quiet rural village. This is a live-in role and the family would expect you to be based there. You will be provided with a 2 bedroom cottage with an enclosed garden and the family are happy for you to bring one pet dog (subject to the family meeting the dog) and a partner to live with you in the cottage if required.
• Your normal working week will be Thursday to Monday
• 8.30am – 5.30pm (1 hour break for lunch) core hours to be agreed to allow for breaks/possible evening work
• 40 hours per week
• You may be expected to work some evenings and occasional overtime for which time will be given back in lieu
You should be an experienced housekeeper with excellent time management and organisational skills plus a natural need for attention to detail. An ability to adapt to family/household needs as they arise and prioritise accordingly.
You must speak a good level of English
Our client is interviewing now for the right person. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.