- Reference Number: LD-40559
- Location: Notting Hill
- Salary: pa, gross, £41,417 - £48,875
- Job Pay Interval: Monthly
- Children: 8 year old son
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Working Days: Monday-Friday 10.00-7.00/8.00
- Start Date: 7th November 2022
- Contractual Notice Period: Four weeks
- Nature of Business: Private Household
- Statement: An exceptional daily Nanny/PA position with a valued client of Eden – Offering a later start time and the opportunity to accompany family on trips to their other residences in Barbados and Cotswolds – November start!
An exceptional daily Nanny/PA position with a valued client of Eden – Offering a later start time and the opportunity to accompany family on trips to their other residences in Barbados and Cotswolds – November start!
Job Summary: A lovely client of Eden is seeking a daily Nanny/PA to join her family in Notting Hill. The family have an 8-year-old son who attends full time education during school term (Monday-Friday). The family have excellent staff retention within their home having had their current Nanny/PA and daily housekeeper join them for many years. Both parents are professional working individuals whereby, their work schedules are aligned to both London and New York times, they work a hybrid of at home and office based. The family do not require an 8pm finish daily but would occasionally require it so an applicant must be flexible to stay until this time when needed, although it’s unlikely to be asked on a Friday! The family have properties in the Cotswold and Barbados, which the candidate may be asked to accompany the family – this is desirable but not essential.
The son is described as a well-mannered child, who enjoys school, is engaged with discussions about his day and particularly has a love for reading. The ideal candidate will take a real interest in his school, ask questions about his day, and offer support with homework. During the school holidays the candidate would be asked to provide nurturing and enriching learning opportunities whereby, scheduling excursions. The PA duties would be to liaise with household staff members e.g. housekeeper, handyman and gardeners, scheduling appointments, running errands and assist with other tasks when required.
- Collect son from school
- Prepare snack and meal upon his return from school
- Read with him and attend local library to extend his literature
- Take an interest in his day
- Support with homework
- Attend and schedule excursions during school breaks
- Create engaging activities
- Scheduling appointments for son e.g., dentist, hairdresser, doctor when required and particularly being aware of parent’s evening and scheduling appointments
- Liaise with household staff members e.g. if housekeeper is on annual leave perhaps facilitate finding her cover
- Running errands for household
- Buying school uniform or equipment when necessary
- Being aware of son’s social calendar and buy birthday gifts from friends when required
- A candidate who is experienced of working within a similar position
- Willing to travel desirable but not essential
- Able to work until 8.00pm occasionally
- Available to start work first week of November