This is a live-out position with an apartment provided near by.
You MUST have a teaching qualification and previous experience as a governess.
Location: Dubai, UAE (Palm Jumeirah)
Role: Nanny – 4 children aged 1-6 years old.
- Manage the Nanny who is there to do the nanny duties for you.
- Arrange the childrens schedules.
- Take the children to school minimum twice a week to catch up with the teacher on their school work.
- Play with and entertain the children. Arranging and delivering positive, fun and educational development activities (fine motor skills/communication/social development/reading/etc).
- Planning and managing a daily and weekly schedule for the children, this includes meal planning & preparations, playroom organization, laundry for children’s clothes and linen, children’s areas housekeeping.
- Accompany the family when travelling.
- Accompanying the children to external activities and appointments.
- Ensuring the strictest food hygiene and safety.
- Potty training and keeping a daily record of nappy changes/potty training progress.
- Responsible for the safety and health of the children at all times.
- Ensuring clear communication to the parents on children’s development, progress, areas of development and general wellbeing and needs.
- Ensuring clear communication with other household staff to ensure seamless services to the family and children.
- Bathing and changing the children. Nursing the children when they are sick.
- Limiting technology and screen time – instead focusing of reading/activities/play
- Enforcing positive discipline. Demonstrating patience with the children at all times. Demonstrating a friendly, nurturing approach at all times.
- You will be expected to support the parents in the way the children are being brought up, helping to instill the same values/morals/etiquette that the parents wish.
- You are to notify the parents if you observe behaviors in the children that raise a level of concern.
- You will be responsible for the children’s welfare, health & safety.
Ages of Children: 6, 5, 3 and 1 years old
Days/Hours of work: 5 days x 10 hours per day
Salary Range: 25k - 28k AED monthly
Accommodation: live-out with apartment provided
Start date: ASAP – interviews now.
Essential: Teaching Qualification, Active, energetic, Fluent written and spoken English. Excellent references from recent roles. Clear DBS/Police check. 1st Aid/CPR certified. sole charge nanny/caregiver experience. with children aged 1–7.
Preferred: Qualified nanny, EYFS exp, , Covid vaccinated due to travel issues, Non-smoker.