Aug 05, 2022
£37.00 - £4,105.00 hourly
New York, NY, USA
An active and caring family based on the Upper West Side is seeking a loving, collaborative, and travel-ready nanny to join their household team for a six-month contract!
- Location: New York, NY
- Ages of children: 6, 5, and 2.5 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: October 1, 2022 – April 2023
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 48 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Thursday-Sunday from 7am-7pm. The family guarantees 48 hours/week though they anticipate the candidate will work fewer hours some weeks, and more hours when traveling (which they do frequently!).
- Compensation: The family is offering $45-50/hour based on the 48-hour/week schedule, which equates to a contract compensation of $61-68k for the 6-month commitment dependent on experience. The family is open to candidates seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out in NYC, private accommodations are always provided while traveling. While preference will be given to NYC-based applicants, the family is open to non-local candidates who would be relocating for this contract. The family is happy to arrange temporary housing for the duration of the contract in this case.
- This family is eager to welcome an experienced, collaborative nanny into their caring, fun, and active household staff! The family hopes to raise their children to be happy, kind human beings and they are excited to find another teammate who can support them in doing so. Their children, ages 6, 5, and 2.5 years old, are each unique and have their own interests and way of being in the world. The oldest children attend school full-time during the week, while their youngest attends half-days.
- This is a fully-staffed home environment, and both parents are in and out during the day. The family cares deeply about their household team, which includes a chef, assistant, drivers, and house manager, and feel fortunate to have wonderful partners in raising their children and keeping their lives running smoothly! A candidate who brings collaborative, loving energy to their home will be appreciated. While the contract is short-term, they will be traveling frequently, and travel readiness is key to thriving in this role.
- This position is ideal for someone who is excited to join a bustling, warm team. The family enjoys working with candidates who in addition to their love of working with children, are respectful and reliable, and have found these qualities to be paramount in bringing new people into their collaborative, team-minded household.
- Responsibilities include being a partner and collaborator in caring for the children, traveling with the family frequently during the contract, including over the Christmas holiday, child-related housekeeping and meal preparation, and being a general team player who is willing to pitch in and support the household as needed. A candidate who is excited to contribute their skills, knowledge, and interests to enhance this family team will thrive in this role!
- The family may be open to extending a temporary nanny into a long-term, full-time employee, in a typical weekly schedule or in a rotational capacity, should it be an excellent match! Interest in a long-term opportunity is not a prerequisite for being considered for this 6-month role. A driver’s license is preferred, but not required.
- Valid passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Dog friendly!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones