- Location: Cotswolds
- Salary: pa, gross, £40,000 - £45,000
- Job Pay Interval: Monthly
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Working Days: Monday-Friday when family aren't in residence
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contractual Notice Period: One month
- Nature of Business: Eden Private Staff
A daily Housekeeper position in the Cotswolds
A London based family which includes, two adults and three children are seeking a live-out housekeeper property in the Cotswolds with extensive out buildings and grounds. This is a relaxed family household seeking a friendly yet highly professional and experienced housekeeper. The principals will be in residence three weekends a month and during some of the school holidays, therefore the successful applicants will be required to work at these times. To work a four/five-day week with two days in the week being rest days (these are flexible). Working hours need to be flexible to suit the owners. When the owners are not in residence your standard hours will be 8.00am until 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch and two fifteen-minute tea breaks.
- To ensure the house is ready and inviting for the Family when they arrive.
- Responsible for all the food shopping and preparing of food for the Family’s arrival.
- To have a very high standard of cleaning:
- Clean and maintain the interior to a high standard.
- Ensure the linen, curtains, blinds, and fabrics are kept clean and laundered.
- Experience with dealing with laundry, delicate fabrics, hand washing.
- Good standard of cooking:
- Should enjoy cooking.
- Ability to cook healthy and wholesome meals, roasts etc.
- Able to put together menus, using seasonal ingredients.
- To be responsible for the preparation, serving, clearing away and after family meals.
- To be responsible for the daily upkeep of the house
- Front of House i.e., ability to receive guests when Principals are not in residence.
- Drive the family when required.
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and to re-direct all family correspondence.
- Happy to work independently and be self-motivated during the week when the Family are not in occupation