This busy high profile family are looking for an experienced and confident chef to work 4 days a week (Sun/Mon & Thurs/Fri) with flexibility. They are a London based family who like to spend some time at their home in the Cotswolds too.
The Chef will have responsibility for planning, preparation and cooking of all the family meals whilst in the UK ensuring different tastes and preferences are catered for. Working closely with the Chief of Staff the Chef will plan and deliver high quality food and cooking at all times. You will have a relaxed but professional approach with the Principals, their family
and guests – nothing overly formal.
Day to day responsibilities include but aren’t limited to;
• Advance menu planning
• Sourcing ingredients on a daily basis
• Wide-ranging skills from large entertaining, dinner parties to midweek meals
• Preparation and cooking of simple clean meals with lots of flavour
• Introduce the family to new dishes but also deliver their favourite meals.
• Ensuring the highest levels of hygiene possible.
• Pantry and stock control.
• Appropriately packaging and labelling prepared meals that are to be consumed at a later date.
• Providing clients with written or verbal instructions on how to heat meals.
• Day to day you will mainly cook for 2 adults and a child.
• The family love to entertain and host so ability to confidently cater for up to 20 people at dinner party standard.
Personal Attributes, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Several years (approx. 5) private household Chef experience in the same or similar sized household.
• Broad knowledge of global cuisine, for a healthy hungry family.
• Dietary knowledge of plant based, low carb, oil free, pescatarian dishes a must!
• Good planning skills and experience; menus, provisioning and preparation.
• Highly skilled at dealing with people; high profile Principals, their family and guests, crew and other stakeholders.
• Hygiene, health & safety qualifications
• Upbeat positive attitude
• Communication & time management
• Willing and able to adapt to constantly changing situations
• Fluent in English Language
• Have a valid passport, excellent contactable references and possess (or be willing to get) an up to date DBS check
Salary will DOE
To work a 45 week year (7 weeks effectively unpaid, plus paid annual leave)
Salary is paid pro rata across 12 months.