We are looking for a fantastic live-in Housekeeper to work for a down to earth family of 5 in Notting Hill W11, the family also employ a nanny and a part time cleaner twice a week. This is a long-term position to a respectful, welcoming family. The current housekeeper has been with the family for many years and is retiring. They are looking for someone new to start in December/January.
The house is a large 5 bedroom home split over 6 floors. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working as a private housekeeper with proven longevity in previous roles. You will be hands on and upbeat with the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team. Flexible nature is key.
The housekeeper will be responsible for:
• Cleaning and maintaining the interior of the house and terrace and deal with all laundry and delicate fabrics (in particular cashmere), sorting for handwashing, dry cleaners and so on.
• Family friendly and good with children, happy to help with childcare, pick up / drop off at school, after school help, babysitting, etc.
• Happy and able to cook healthy meals on a weekly ad hoc basis for both adults and children. (approx 2-3 times a week simple family style cooking)
• Shopping and provisions for the family
• Liaise with engineers, workmen, technicians, etc. when they are working at house
• Run errands when required
• Happy to travel with the Family on occasion to their homes in the country and abroad.
• 5 days a week + up to 3 Saturday mornings a month
• Ad hoc babysitting
• Flexibility and a helpful nature is key
Salary & Accommodation:
• Self contained accommodation on the lower ground floor (1 bed, 1 bath & kitchen, separate entrance)
• £37,500 to £40,000