We have a fantastic opportunity available for a switched on and proactive PA to support a busy Headteacher at a school based in St Albans.
This role offers fantastic hours, working Monday to Friday for 37 hours per week in term time only. So there is plenty of downtime and opportunity for you to focus on other aspects of your life throughout the year.
- Acting as the first point of contact and gatekeeper for the Headteacher
- Liaising with the EFA, DfE and all external organisations on behalf of the Headteacher
- Dealing courteously and confidentially with visitors, telephone callers and emails
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of the school calendar
- Creating and maintaining positive and supportive relationships with staff, parents, carers, business, and the community
- Organising appointments and meetings to ensure effective time management and focus on priorities, and the seamless operation of the diary of the Headteacher
- Preparing and collating papers, presentations, minutes and other reports
- Provide a travel and accommodation bookings service to the Headteacher
- Oversee the efficient and effective operation of the school’s administration team and implement changes where necessary
- Preparing a range of high-quality documents for the Headteacher in both written and verbal instructions
- Arrange for the preparation, checking and distribution of internal and external school publications, including school newsletter and weekly bulletins
- Keep a record of all policies for the school and ensure they are reviewed on an annual basis, prompting the Headteacher regarding necessary actions
- Managing interview days
- Perform other reasonable duties within scope of skills as directed by line manager
- Be able to provide a first class, professional, and confidential service.
- It is important that you are computer savvy and are confident using outlook and online calendars, and typing documents etc.
- Can work off your own initiative without prompting and follow-up
- Be able to meet deadlines
- You need to be a team player and understand that you are representing the school at all times
DBS certificate required
How to apply:
Applying for this position: Please apply via the website or email your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include the reference number for the position you are applying for (found at the top of the advert). For candidates who are not currently registered with Eden Private Staff, please include an up-to-date CV when applying. Applicants for this position should have excellent checkable references and a valid DBS [CRB]. Please note we only register candidates with a minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.