A dynamic family of three based in New Castle, NH is seeking a flexible, professional, engaging nanny to care for their 4-month-old baby!
Based in a beautiful coastal town near Portsmouth, NH just a short walk from the ocean, these first-time, dual career, military veteran parents just welcomed their baby to the family earlier this summer! They describe him as a curious, enthusiastic, and talkative child who loves listening to music, physical play, to laugh, to be read to, and to explore the outdoors. He loves going for regular walks around the neighborhood and receiving tours of the house before bed. His parents are committed to providing him an enriching childhood for their baby where every day can be full of learning opportunities, from heading to the local science museum to being exposed to music of all types, different languages and cultures, and more. The family deeply values time spent with one another and friends, education, service, and broadening their worldview through travel and exposure to other cultures. They are passionately creating an environment for their children that encourages curiosity and open-mindedness, including a mostly screen-free home. They deeply value the members of their household team and are eager to welcome a developmentally-minded nanny who can continue to enrich their son’s life as he continues to grow!
This position is ideal for an infant-savvy nanny, who can alternate between a flexible and structured approach to childcare, depending in part on the parents’ input! A strong sense of professionalism, step in and step out intuition, discretion, and a true dedication to providing well-rounded, attentive, and enriching childcare are key. The family is thrilled to welcome a nanny who is energized by an on-the-go lifestyle and will be focused on their children’s happiness, education, and overall growth. An infant-focused nanny who derives great joy from being an extra set of helping hands and contributes a calming presence will thrive in this role. They also encourage their nanny to bring their creative skill sets to the table to inspire their son, whether that be music, a second language, or otherwise! While childcare will be at the heart of this role, pitching in with child-related household tasks to ensure the home is running smoothly will be valued, including healthy meal prep, child-related tidying, organization, and more. A nanny with a creative, adventurous spirit who is passionate about working with infants and toddlers and exploring the world alongside them will thrive in this role for years to come.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays between 8am-6pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and traveling with the family is appreciated! The family would welcome an applicant interested in 50-60 hours/week and 5 to 6 days/week, but this is not a firm requirement for the right person. The family and childcare team will work collaboratively and typically create the tentative schedule at least a month in advance. They deeply value work-life balance and will ensure two consecutive days off per week whenever possible.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in preferred. Private and separate nanny accommodations in the family’s home will be provided. The family would be open to a live-out set up for the right candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-$40/hour depending on experience, in addition to benefits, relocation assistance, PTO, and sick days – all negotiable for the right candidate.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role. Candidates with their own vehicle preferred, though a vehicle may be provided for professional use – all negotiable for the right candidate.
- Research and engage in developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling such as playdates, museum visits, park outings, music & art classes, swimming, community events, and more, being mindful of COVID precautions
- Prepare bottles and support transitioning to solid food as well as prepping healthy, balanced meals (e.g., prioritizing vegetables, proteins, and fruits)
- Promote positive learning methods and emotional intelligence
- Maintain flexibility for family’s dynamic work and leisure travel schedule
- Pitch-in with childcare related and household duties maintaining a team-oriented attitude with the nanny team
- Foster an educationally stimulating and emotionally nurturing environment throughout the day-to-day that support the child’s overall growth and happiness (e.g., daily walks)
- Collaborate with loving first-time parents to ensure continuity of care
- Support sleep and feeding routines
- Travel with the family throughout the year as needed
- Pitch in with child-related household tasks including meal tidying, organization, and more, maintaining a team-oriented positive mindset with the parents and any potential future staff
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Proven, recent experience and confidence caring for infants and toddlers and strong knowledge of developmental milestones and how to reach them joyfully/creatively
- Passion for child development and a proactive approach to implementing age appropriate, enriching activities
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to travel itineraries and shifting schedules
- Nutrition-oriented and able to prepare healthy, basic meals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- Strong swimming skills and ability to care for children in/around water
- Candidates seeking a long-term role will be prioritized
- Though not required, the family would welcome a candidate with Mandarin, Spanish, and/or French language skills, prior professional teaching experience, and/or a professional/near professional musical background
- Dog friendly (no pets presently but possibly future plans to have one)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws and willingness to mirror the family’s COVID-19 safety protocols
About Adventure Nannies
Our carefully-assembled core team is a collection of the brightest young stars of our industry. With over 52 combined years of nanny experience, we pride ourselves in our innovative recruitment, communication, and successful matchmaking strategies. Our team has backgrounds in a wide spectrum of fields, including early childhood education, special education, business, education reform, psychology, and conflict resolution.
Adventure Nannies does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We encourage our families to follow EEO practices when interviewing and selecting candidates for their positions.